Horseback riding is a fun and exhilarating activity for all ages. Preschool children and senior citizens alike all enjoy learning to ride a horse. If your child has an interest in learning to ride a horse, there are many different programs to get you started. There are private lessons, group classes and summer camps. In Santa Clara County, there are many unique options for horse riding for kids. However, some parents are reluctant to get their children started in horseback riding. As a parent, you may feel uncertain about letting your child ride a horse. Are you reluctant to enroll your child in horseback riding lessons? Before you make a decision, consider these many benefits.
Benefits of Horseback Riding Lessons
While most parents think horseback riding is just a fun activity for their kids, there are many different benefits.
- Physical development. Horseback riding improves balance and motor coordination. This includes hand-eye coordination. It also improves muscular development.
- Cognitive abilities. Horse riding for kids improves cognitive abilities in some children. They may show an improvement in learning, memory and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-esteem. Riding a horse improves self-esteem in many children. As they progress in their skills, they develop an increase in confidence as well.
- Therapeutic benefits. There are many therapeutic benefits to horseback riding. In fact, equine-assisted therapy classes help riders process emotions and trauma.
- Workout. The physical benefits of horseback riding are numerous. Horseback riding is a great workout for both the body and the mind. It boosts cardiovascular functioning and decreases stress.
How Do Our Riding Instructors Help Your Child?
Shy children can benefit greatly from horseback riding. If your child is shy or has low self-esteem, horseback riding may help tremendously. Skilled instructors will train your child to ride a horse and advance their skills. Along the way, they will work with your child and help them improve their self-esteem.
If your child has special needs or a disability, there are many different benefits. Therapeutic riding is a progressive form of therapy. Carefully planned lessons emphasize posture, muscle strength and cognitive challenges. Horseback riding lessons are a great component of many therapeutic routines.
Horse Riding for Kids in Santa Clara County
At Bear Creek Stables, we offer a wide variety of horse riding for kids including lessons and programs. Whether your child is a beginner or a seasoned rider, we have something for everyone. If you want a family-friendly stable where your kids can learn to ride, contact Bear Creek Stables today. We offer Santa Clara County horseback riding lessons, summer camps, and more. Call us today at (408) 872-8238 or fill out our confidential contact form.